The name Charles is derived from a Germanic noun which means
“free man.” It was a popular name in Europe due to the fame of Charles the
Great. However, It did not become common In Britain until the 17th
century. Kings of France, Spain, Sweden, Portugal and even several Roman
Emperors beared the name. To me, my name is who I am and what I stand for. My
name represents what type of person I am and what type of person I want to
become.
In a profound sense my name does give some clue to my
heritage. My family originated from Sweden and Norway and my name was most
popular in Europe. Although, it gives clue to my heritage that’s not how I got
my name. Charles Bronson was my mother’s favorite actor and he was the man whom
she claimed to have named me after. I would personally not want to change my
name even if I could. I feel like and have been told the name Charlie fits my
personality. If I ever did consider changing my name I would change it to Charlie
instead of Charles but I don’t think that would be necessary.
Interesting that your name goes way back to the 17th century it might be older than that if you research the name a little deeper.
ReplyDeleteHi Charles, I think it is interesting how old your name is, it makes me wonder how the older centuries were. How cool would it be to live during that time?
ReplyDeleteIt is impressive how your name goes way back to the 17th century. It would be pretty cool if the name was older.
ReplyDelete