It is nice to reminisce the date of July 14, 2012. This
particular date happened to be the day I saw my first Los Angeles Dodgers
baseball game. At the time I did not have much of an interest in baseball
mainly because of my lack of understanding the game itself. After a few
innings, I began to catch on fairly quickly and became much more interested.
That game ended up going down to the wire, tied 6 to 6 in the final inning vs.
The San Diego Padres. With 50,000+ fans screaming and cheering with excitement,
the atmosphere was like nothing I had ever seen before. Every pitch was so
nerve racking and every catch was so crucial. I believe the Dodgers lost that
game 6 to 7 but nonetheless, it was still an incredible experience that I
enjoyed very much.
From that moment forward I have been watching baseball
regularly. My dad’s favorite sport has always been baseball so it is really
nice to have something to talk about and bond over. Now, instead of going out
on Fridays and Saturdays, I usually prefer to be at home glued to the
television or meeting up with friends to catch a game. My twin sisters even
watch baseball with me now when they aren’t busy, so it kind of gets my family
together which is great. I have heard many people say they think it’s a boring
sport, but I think its one of the most exciting. A baseball game can change
completely in the blink of an eye for better or for worse. I suppose some games
may drag on a little, but that can happen in any sport. Not every game will be
as exciting as the last one. Furthermore, I never would have thought I would be
so enticed by the game of baseball. I’ll always remember this great experience
that changed my outlook on this sport.
I don't have much of interest in baseball, but I also haven't been to a live game. I think it's great that seeing the game live changed your opinion(:
ReplyDeleteBaseball is a sport I was never interest in but maybe if I went to a game like you I would start to like it :). I glad to hear that it is like a family get together to watch the game I wish my family was like that.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool, I am not such of a baseball fan myself maybe because I don't know much about it or it doesn't seem that interesting. I think that is great that by you watching a professional team play made you change your mind. Maybe I should do that :)
ReplyDeleteI'm some what a basketball fan. I dolike watching the sport but unfortunately I am not that good playing it myself.I do enjoy you story and it made me think that it may change my mind in playing more on even in a team.I think it's awesome that you family gathers together to watch a nice game of basketball
ReplyDeleteI myself do not watch or play baseball, and I have never been fond of the sport. I am glad that you attending a game changed your perspective about the sport.
ReplyDelete